It is advisable to check first the battery of your car if it is not starting. If you notice some white or bluish color substance deposits on the battery posts, do not be worried. When vehicles not running for a long, it is common that corrosion occurs, if you cleaned the posts removing the deposits, the cables can pass current from the battery to your car to start.
- You use wrench to remove each cable by losing nut. First remove the minus (-) marked negative cable, then the plus (+) marked positive cables. Be careful, when wrench is in contact with the battery, it should not touch other parts of the car.
- Use screwdriver to remove the corrosion deposits.
- Baking soda is good to remove the balance deposits. You may use baking soda in two different ways. You can pour baking soda and clean with old toothbrush using water. Otherwise, you can mix baking soda with water to clean the place.
- Wipe out the area clean by using a piece of lint-free cloth after rinse it lightly with water.
- Reconnect the positive cables first and the negative next. Then, tight up the cables and make sure that cables should not twist among each other cables when you jerk on them.