The base model of 2011 Toyota Camry is simply called Camry, without a two-letter suffix to call attention to the matter. The 2011 Toyota Camry includes all the equipment a sensible, prudent, price-conscious buyer might want, except for remote keyless entry and a power driver’s seat.
For those two items, as well as a slight upgrade in interior décor, the 2011 Toyota Camry LE makes a good starting point. The Toyota Camry 2011 SE is the sporty model, set apart from other 2011 Toyota Camry versions with fog lights, 17-inch machined-finish alloy wheels with lower-profile tires, dual chrome-tipped exhaust outlets, lower body spoilers and rocker panel extensions, smoked headlights, and a blacked-out grille
In terms of fuel efficiency, the 2011 Toyota Camry hybrid is a solid performer with a combined average of 33 mpg. But that actually puts it at the back of its hybrid sedan class. Performance is worth mentioning, however, because the 2011 Toyota Camry is actually more spirited than many hybrids you may have driven. In the 2011 Toyota Camry specs, the 2.4-liter four-cylinder gas engine is supplemented by an electric motor that generates 40 horsepower. Add that to the 147 horses created by the gas engine and you’ve got a combined horsepower rating of 187 hp.
That’s more power than all but the 2011 Toyota Camry XLE and SE models that generate 268 horsepower with the 3.5-liter V6. But you pay a penalty at the pump because the 2011 Toyota Camry XLE and SE models only achieve 20 mpg in city driving and 29 mpg on the highway. Unlike the SE or XLE models, the 2011 Toyota Camry hybrid features a continuously variable transmission (CVT) that spools up and down quietly and efficiently. Don’t expect dramatic gear changes because you won’t feel them. Instead, the CVT constantly adjusts to allow the engine to run at the most optimal rotations per minute to improve fuel efficiency. In other words, there are no set gears in the 2011 Toyota Camry hybrid.
Living with the 2011 Toyota Camry is easy, because the interior is brilliant in its simplicity. Giant knobs and big buttons inside the 2011 Toyota Camry are the rule in this case, with simple markings in clear, capital English letters. Secondary controls are similar in their ease of use, from the power window switches that lower or raise each window with a quick touch of a button to the cruise control stalk poking out from under the right steering wheel spoke. At night, the cabin of 2011 Toyota Camry SE is bathed in a cool, soothing, backlit glow. Thank to Blue Optitron gauge lighting. It certainly helps that the 2011 Toyota Camry is a comfortable sedan, couldn’t wait for what’s inside the newest 2012 Toyota Camry.
2011 Toyota Camry Specs
Engine and Mechanical Specs
- 3.5-Liter V6 DOHC 24-Valve Dual VVT-i; 268 hp @ 6200 rpm; 248 lb.-ft. @ 4700 rpm
- Advanced Technology Partial Zero Emission Vehicle (AT-PZEV)
- Electronic, with Toyota Direct Ignition (TDI), 199 lb.-ft @ 0-1500 rpm (105 kW @ 4500 rpm) Electric Motor Power Output, Permanent magnet AC synchronous motor, 650V, 40 hp (30 kW), Traction Battery Power output
- Sealed Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) Battery (244.8V)
- 6-speed Electronically Controlled automatic overdrive Transmission (ECT-i) with intelligence and sequential shift
- Electronically controlled continuously variable transmission (ECVT)
- Front-wheel drive
- Unitized body with front and rear anti-vibration sub-frames
- MacPherson strut front suspension with gas-filled shock absorbers and stabilizer bar; dual-link independent MacPherson strut rear suspension with gas-filled shock absorbers and stabilizer bar
- Hybrid steering: Electric Power Steering (EPS); rack-and-pinion with electric power assist
- Power-assisted ventilated front/solid rear disc brakes
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) with off switch and Traction Control (TRAC)
Image Gallery “2011 Toyota Camry: Don’t Expect Dramatic Gear Changes”, Total 6 Photograph
Here’s some 6 photograph within the gallery of 2011 Toyota Camry: Don’t Expect Dramatic Gear Changes. Be certain to not miss whatever on the all tales of 2011 Toyota Camry: Don’t Expect Dramatic Gear Changes, by watching the complete of these 6 photograph at beneath.