- High density negative paste, maximizes performance and optimizes auto battery life
- Enhanced life alloy/Silver Calcium stamped alloy optimizes cycle life and maximizes performance
- Calcium Lead positive grid, maximizes conductivity and allows for low resistance
- Robust Envelope Separator with puncture-resistant back, allows for optimum acid circulation and helps prevent shorts. Maximum acid circulation, helps the battery to remain cool, and extend battery life.
- Vent cap design that resists acid leakage
- Precision manufactured ribbed case that is 100% pressure tested, helps avoid future leaks and adds strength and rigidity
- 100% Electrical short tested to minimize early failures
The ACDelco Professional Gold Batteries feature an impact- and break-resistant plastic case for durability, including robust separator envelopes to help with auto battery life. With a competitive 42-month free replacement limited warranty and a terminal design that resists acid leaks, seepage corrosion and black post, the ACDelco Professional Gold Battery delivers maintenance-free performance and peace of mind. Integral gas separators and flame arrestor vents help prevent possible damage from outside sparks. The ACDelco Professional Gold Battery is an ideal replacement auto battery for car and truck applications.
“PRO” (ACDelco Professional)
The Professional category of high-quality aftermarket products covers most GM OE vehicles as well as many other makes and models (varies by product line). Most of the current ACDelco line falls into this category, which is a high-quality alternative to GM OE products.
The hybrid battery has plates of different composition. Plus plate – with a content of up to 1.5-1.8% of antimony and 1.4-1.6% of cadmium, minus – lead-calcium or with the addition of silver. These batteries are the most versatile and are the most numerous class of battery. They differ little from conventional old batteries and differ mainly in their greater heat resistance.
Look for batteries in which along with calcium there is silver in additives. Only this combination can be more stable and durable.
Gold, silver and the inscription on the battery
Wait, and on some batteries write GOLD, not that Silver, is there that GOLD is there?
Friends of the silver content, in the plates NO standardized! In simple words, if you made the inscription “SILVER” as marketing, but there is no real silver, no one can punish you for it
For example, in some manufacturers it is just such an advertising move: they do not write anything at the cheapest, on battery power class higher can write SILVER, and on high class – GOLD (such as PREMIUM). BUT, it just wants to entice you, it can often be that this difference is antimony, hybrid and calcium batteries.
Now, indeed, many brands add “Ag” to their products. To understand whether there really is an addition of silver, you need to look for information on the official manufacturer’s website or in major centers for the sale of batteries, sometimes even special documents are issued.
About real gold inside the plates, I did not hear, and if I assume the same content as silver, about 0.3% – for just the cost of this metal in the battery.
Car Battery: Professional Batteries & Warranties | ACDelco